0

You Might Be a Zombie and Other Bad News: Shocking but Utterly True Facts

You may over the course of reading this and future posts come to find that I like trivia books. If there is one thing about me that hasn't changed since I was 14, it is that. I've always loved trivia books, games, and just spouting off random facts. I know that this is true for me, obviously, but I know there are a lot of other teenage guys out there who want the same thing, particularly the nerdy and geeky kind.

People ask me where I learn all this nonsense. Trivia books obviously, and this is one of the better ones.

Cracked.com is the rebirth of an old magazine that itself was a knockoff of MAD, but it has vastly improved (though it is, ahem, mature: swears and PG-13 adult content beware). This book compiles a bunch of lists like the ones on the website, all true. For example:

  • Important discoveries made well on drugs: Discoverer of DNA was high on LSD when he though of it
  • Insane weapons planned in WWII: Giant solar beam mirrors in space!
  • Bugs in our food (on purpose no less): Jelly beans are coated with bugs!
This isn't just random trivia; it's hilarious random trivia.
Email Facebook Twitter Favorites More

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...